Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The sweet by and by

I realize it's been awhile since we've updated...sorry! Life has been very busy here in the Taylor household lately! This past weekend we kept Sammy again while the parents were out of town. I love this dog so much so I thought I'd share a pic with him! This was before we went to the Rossini festival with friends from our Life group.

I have been at my job for 6 weeks now and still love it. Yay! I cannot imagine doing anything else for a job and feel so blessed to have found this calling in my life. The doctors and staff I work with are all super nice and wonderful and the kiddos are too cute! Most of them I seriously could play with all day and I love when I walk in the room and get a big hug along with the child yelling my name! Too cute! With this recent "swine flu" episode in the news, we've been even more swamped at work lately as everyone thinks their child has it. Not so much and while I do understand their concern, I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion at this point. Not to say things won't get worse, but seriously if you have just a sore throat you do not have the swine flu!!

In other news, we've officially begun house-hunting. We've talked with the bank and know how much they are willing to loan us, which by the way is $100,000 more than we are even considering! No wonder this country is in such a financial mess! Oh well, we are smart enough to know not to borrow that much! We've got a great realtor who is going to be great to work with. We've been to a few open houses and had a private showing last night of one house. We've given the realtor our specifications which have been plugged into the MLS system. Chris and I sat down at the computer and went thru at least 200 listings online and narrowed them down to some we were considering. This past Sunday we drove around to do "drive-bys" of the houses and neighborhoods to see if these houses were homes we really wanted to spend time looking at. We've narrowed it down to 5 houses but honestly I'm not sure if any of these houses are the one for us. We'll have to wait and see once we get inside them! I am big on having property/not right on top of your neighbor like all these new neighborhoods are building. So that rules out a lot of potential areas/homes. We're going to stay patient and wait for God to lead us to the right home, in His time!!!

Chris and I chaperoned William Blount's prom last weekend...it was quite interesting! I enjoyed seeing all the dresses and outfits! We worked the coat check area for a shift and then just walked around, visited with teachers and students, and ate a little. Chris did not allow me to dance even though it was super hard for me not to dance when good music came on! He was afraid he'd lose his job if I danced! Ha! We got our picture made at the official prom picture set-up for free...soon we will have a 5X7 and 8 wallets of our prom pose! Hahaha!


Here's a few pics from Easter weekend with Laura and then me, Chris and Will. Both Mom and Dad had to work Easter so it was just us kids but we still celebrated with brunch at Copper Cellar! =) We had Easter dinner that Monday night with Mom, Dad, Laura and of course Sammy, Tyson and Will were invited!!

1 comment:

Allison and Ben Brandt said...

enjoy the house hunting. i hope it goes smoother for you guys than it did for us. we put offers on 5 houses and inspected 3! exhausting!