Chris' birthday was March 12 and we were able to have a few good friends over for a small dinner party and some yummy cake. I made a homemade strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream icing. I think it turned out really well and it tasted great!! I gave up all sweets and candy for lent with the exception of special events (i.e. Chris' bday and beth's baby shower). So I had one piece of the cake that was oh so yummy! The icing wasn't too hard to make, however I found I needed more powdered sugar than the recipe called for because it was very runny! It made way more icing than I actually needed, so I froze the rest and used it this past weekend on my bunny cake for Easter!We also went out that Saturday night with some church friends and the Mexican restaurant where we ate sang to Chris and covered his face with whipped cream! Guess you had to be there, but it sure was funny!
Easter weekend we had great, warm, sunny weather! Saturday was Beth's baby shower that Allison and I did for her at my house. The cake turned out really cute (from Magpies, though I wish I had had time to make and decorate one!) There were about 14 people who came and we had a great time. Beth and baby Eli got some great stuff and it was fun to see everyone! My gifts to baby Eli were more decoration stuff...I hung a pack of onsies in the window on clothespin and blue/white polka dot ribbon, one centerpiece was a little stuff Ty doggie, and by the road with balloons was a "thank heaven for little boys" garden flag! I definitely want one of these when we have our babies!! And i made a "healthcare" basket for Beth and Eli too with info, medication dosers, bulb suctions, little noses, etc!
Easter Sunday was another great day! Chris and I went to early church so that I could get home and prepare the house for the Schmid clan to come for dinner! Luckily the house was already clean from Beth's shower the day before so I didn't really have to clean much. We got the house ready and had a few hours to spare so we went to play frisbee golf and then let Willie play in the lake. He was so cute, chasing his stick out into the cold lake! When we got back, I finished decorating my bunny cake and made the green beans and Emerill's 4-cheese macaronni. Oh this dish is so yummy with the various cheeses in it and I even made it with fat-free half and half! =) We had a great evening with the family and Mom brought her croquet set so we had a few games of that in the front yard! Great way to end a great weekend!!!
Willie and I with the easter basket!
Easter weekend we had great, warm, sunny weather! Saturday was Beth's baby shower that Allison and I did for her at my house. The cake turned out really cute (from Magpies, though I wish I had had time to make and decorate one!) There were about 14 people who came and we had a great time. Beth and baby Eli got some great stuff and it was fun to see everyone! My gifts to baby Eli were more decoration stuff...I hung a pack of onsies in the window on clothespin and blue/white polka dot ribbon, one centerpiece was a little stuff Ty doggie, and by the road with balloons was a "thank heaven for little boys" garden flag! I definitely want one of these when we have our babies!! And i made a "healthcare" basket for Beth and Eli too with info, medication dosers, bulb suctions, little noses, etc!
Easter Sunday was another great day! Chris and I went to early church so that I could get home and prepare the house for the Schmid clan to come for dinner! Luckily the house was already clean from Beth's shower the day before so I didn't really have to clean much. We got the house ready and had a few hours to spare so we went to play frisbee golf and then let Willie play in the lake. He was so cute, chasing his stick out into the cold lake! When we got back, I finished decorating my bunny cake and made the green beans and Emerill's 4-cheese macaronni. Oh this dish is so yummy with the various cheeses in it and I even made it with fat-free half and half! =) We had a great evening with the family and Mom brought her croquet set so we had a few games of that in the front yard! Great way to end a great weekend!!!
Willie and I with the easter basket!


No comments:
Post a Comment