Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coach Taylor

This is Chris' first season of being the head coach for the William Blount soccer team, and he is loving (almost!) every minute of it! So far the season has gone good...they've had their fair share of wins and losses but this is a rebuilding year so all in all the team is doing great! The parents are supportive of Chris and I know that helps him alot...the booster club is very active and is good about helping raise funds. I've had the chance to go to a few of their games--it's hard for me to get to any at William Blount because it's so far away and with my work schedule, but I've made it to the games here in our neck of the woods!

I love to watch Chris interact with these young men and can tell they really respect Chris and want to learn from him. He's even had a parent tell him how important he is in her son's life, as his dad is away for a few months for work, and Chris is this boy's "father figure". Wow. What a great opportunity Chris has...not only to teach these boys soccer but mentor them and lead them in the right direction in life.

Being the coach's wife has been interesting...and my medical nature immediately springs into action when a player gets hit or hurt. I even made Chris carry a first-aid kit in his soccer bag after I learned he didn't have one! Ah!!! While I know he loves the game and his role as coach, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't (a little) excited for the season to end so I can have my hubby back...he's gone so late with games and practice and when he makes it home is exhausted! But, he loves it and that's all that really matters! =)

Here's a few pics from the games I've been to...

No comments: