
The Taylor Family, Christmas 2007 picture
So we (I) have finally decided to start this whole blog thing, just because I think it looks fun and is a good way to keep friends and family updated with our lives...especially those who live far away! I asked Chris what we should name this, to which is reply was "nothing because those things are dorky!" Well, I don't think that way, so here we go! With that being said, here is a quick update on us currently:
--Chris is still teaching with Knox County and, as of now, will be back at Richard Yoakley Alternative School, which is the school where kids in the county go if they are suspended and expelled! I cannot imagine teaching there, or at all for that matter, but Chris seems to do pretty good. His kids (jrs and srs) were the first group of kids to ALL pass the history section on the EOCs (tests at the end of the year). This was a first in the school's history, so he's gotta be doing something right! He has applied to transfer to another high school within the district, but at the moment Knox county is on a hiring freeze so no one is moving positions. We will patiently wait and see as to where he ends up, but I keep reminding him that it is all in God's hands and he will end up wherever he is meant to be...he obviously has a gift for teaching and reaching his troubled kids, but I know it has got to be a daily struggle as well!
--I am currently in the pediatric nurse practitioner program at UT and will graduate this coming December. YAY!!! I am very ready to celebrate no more school (well at least for a while) and begin working full-time. I had a glimpse of what the freedom of no school was like this past May when I did not have any school and was able to work more in the ER at Children's. I am beginning to finalize my resume and begin applying for jobs....we will most likely stay in the area but just today I found some jobs that sounded very interesting (and great pay!) over in NC, so we'll see!
--Willie is doing great these days...If he was a child he would be our "teenage punk" in my opinion. We are working on training him to not get so worked up and excited/angry when we walk at night and encounter other dogs! We follow Cesar, aka "The Dog Whisperer" and we really are starting to see improvements! However, Chris says I am the person/thing getting in the way of training because I can be too easy on Willie and give in to what he wants. So I'm working on that! =) It's no wonder Willie likes me more than his dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment