
So today is our 7 year anniversary of "being together." I call it that because it used to be our "main" anniversary but now that we're married we celebrate that one as the big one now! It was 7 years ago today that Chris and I decided to officially be together, as in we had the DTR talk! I can still remember it like it was yesterday...we were on staff at Frontier Ranch (Buena Vista, CO) where we had met just a few short weeks earlier. It was late at night (i.e. dark) and Chris and I had been trying to find time to talk alone...camp was so busy with work and friends and such it was hard to truly be by ourselves, not to mention there were to be no "relations" between workers!
So we finally had time to "escape" and we sat up in the woods, near our cabin, on a little log bench and talked about what we wanted. We truly felt God had brought us to camp to meet each other and even though we knew it would be a challenge to date long-distance, this was not something I wanted to give up on. Knowing what I know now, this was a huge step for Chris as the longest he had dated someone was one month and he was not always the best at dating! After we talked, we went back to the lodge. Chris kissed me goodnight (totally not allowed!) which was followed by a bunch of girls screaming!! Little did we know, half of our friends were hiding in the living/meeting room downstairs with the lights off to watch us! ha!!
That was such a memorable trip, for obvious reasons, as we met each other there are truly began to experience God's love as he gave us each other! Just to think...if one of us had not come to work there our lives would be completely different! Wow! God is good! No wait, God is great! =) I'd love to go back to Frontier someday---maybe as camp nurse (Chris can come with the kids!) or go as adult hosts. One day...!!

No comments:
Post a Comment