Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A house full of boys...

This has been a crazy week here in the Taylor household, as I have had the privilege of keeping Sam, my parent's 11 month golden retriever. They are in Maine for the week and Chris is in Oklahoma for the week, so I have felt like a single parent in a house of chaos! I feel like the addition of Sam to our family for the week is what it will be like one day when we have kids! We have been so lucky with Willie as a single dog, he is well-behaved, knows his manners, and follows the rules of the house!And then along comes Sam...

...jealousy and not sharing toys emerge! Will and Sam love to play and wrestle and be wild, crazy boys...but Will is almost 8 years old now and gets tired easier than Sam does. Willie has become very vocal when he plays now and is constantly growling and "talking" while he wrestles and pins Sam on his back! They are fun to watch when they get wild!

Having Sam has thrown off the dynamics of our house. For example, Willie is not allowed in our bedroom due to his excessive shedding and an anal mom (me!). Sam does not know this rule and hasn't seemed to learn it either! While Willie is great and will lay at the threshold of my door, Sam just barges on in and comes all the way over to my bed, just to say hello and show me his baby! Willie just looks at me like "Mom! Sam is in your room and he's not allowed!" Just how I imagine my children to be one day....the older, well behaved one telling on the younger, wild and crazy sibling!
The boys have kept me company this week while I have been home alone and stressed/studied for my big 8 hour test for grad school that I took today. (Yay that it is over and done with!) I'm only half way thru the week of being a single mom to two wild and crazy boys, but it's good so far!

No comments: