Chris has become the Key Club sponsor at school and for the past two weeks has been in charge of the food drive for the annual Second Harvest Can Drive. His school and another local school had a competition to see who could raise th
e most cans and the winner was announced at the football game last night. I am proud to say that Chris' school won!!!! All of his hard work paid off...in comparison to last year, he raised 87% more cans than last year! He got a framed award on the football field as well as had a few seconds of TV time that aired on the news last night! He also won his school $500...needless to say he was pretty excited and so was his principal! Chris also had his observation this week where the principal came to his class. He won the "lesson of the month" and his class was described in an email sent to teachers. The principal told me last night that it was an honor to get that award with over 100 teachers in his school! He won himself a $25 gas card and was very proud of himself! It is great to see Chris flourishing at his new school and it is definately the place for him to be! God is good!
Since we don't have any kids yet, Willie has the joy of being dressed up for Halloween each year! This year I decided to not make him wear a full-body costume and just got him a collar/headpiece to wear. He is such a good sport and I know he hates things on his head...but the pictures were too cute! He was a spider...although the spider face was a little hard to see on top of his head, especially when he was pouting from being dressed up and having to take pictures!!!
Chris and I have been trying to find a weekend to get up to the mountains and go hiking! We were finally able to go today and I was so excited to see all of the pretty fall leaves! It was super cold this AM..32 degrees here in Knoxville so I was afraid we would freeze way up in the mountains! We
dressed and packed layers of clothing but the weather turned out perfect and we actually got hot! We hiked on past the Alum Cave Bluffs on the way to Mt. Leconte...I wanted to go all the way up but Chris wasn't up for it plus we would have started earlier to be able to go up and back in the same day! The views were great and the trail wasn't too crowded. We climbed up thru Arch Rock, ate lunch at the bluffs and then went on up about another half mile or so...until we got to the snow and ice areas! I decided not to risk going any further today without being prepared for that type of conditions! We had a great time and it was so nice to be able to spend fun, quality time with each other just enjoying God's creations!! And as Chris said, we have another 50 years to hike all the other trails I want to go explore! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment