Thursday, December 18, 2008

I did it!!! Graduation Weekend...


I have officially graduated from the University of Tennessee, College of Nursing with my Masters in Nursing. YAY!!! No more school, studying, tests, papers, presentations, quizzes, research, etc....! (Well except my boards, but that's another story!!) Graduation itself went great, I didn't fall or do anything stupid to embarrass myself so I consider that a success! =) I had to walk on stage twice, once to get my hood and again to receive an "Academic Excellence" award. I maintained a 4.0 during my graduate work and was recognized for that as well as inducted/become a member of the Who's Who of America. In the picture you can see purple cords around my neck as well as a blue medal...the cords are for the nursing honor society and the medal for a national honor society. All that hard work of studying and writing papers paid off! The dean said in her speech how we could return to our "social lives" now that school was over...and while I perhaps wasn't as social as I would have been, feel that I was able to balance school, family, friends, and work! I made some great friends during this adventure and know we will continue to remain friends in the future!
PNP students with Nan

Saturday we had a brunch at my parent's house which was a lot of fun too! We made yummy food....brunch casseroles, muffins, breads, fruit, asian chicken pasta salad, ham and chicken biscuits...and don't forget the desserts! We ordered a cake from Daisy Cake Company, the lady who made our wedding cake! I got my favorite flavor that she makes...peach bellini! Oh so yummy and her icing is the good, buttercream too! I got to visit with alot of people and it was a nice, relaxing event and afternoon!!
Chris, Me, Beth, Rachel, & Nick


That night the family and I went to eat at The Foothills Milling Company in Maryville. This restaurant is to die for!! Each entree that was ordered I tried and liked them all, including the grouper! I got shrimp and grits and a glass of Relax Reisling...I thought that name was fitting for what I needed to do! We were all too full for dessert but the menu sounded really good! I have decided Chris and I will go there for our anniversary next July--it's a great, intimate setting with great food!

Sunday morning Mom and I played handbells at WPC, then joined Dad and Chris for a brunch at Club Leconte hosted by the OB-GYN department at UT Hospital. So again, more yummy food! It's a miracle I didn't gain 10 pounds this past weekend! We got to go home and rest of a bit, then were off with Beth and Nick to Dollywood to see the park all decorated! On our way there, I convinced the boys to let us stop at the Coach outlet. I used graduation money from my in-laws and got three, yes three, really nice purses that were deeply discounted (well for a coach purse!). I am always the bargain shopper!! The park was pretty and I loved all the lights! We waited in line to watch The Polar Express in 4-D and it was worth the wait! We ate dinner and then headed home....we got home about 10:30! It was such a long weekend but we had so much fun! And then we both got to get up the next morning for work!! =)

No comments: