Saturday, July 25, 2009

Packing, moving, and unpacking...oh my!

I'm happy to say that we are officially in our new house and we are loving it! The packing of boxes before moving went well, the actual move was good, and the unpacking is complete! The move wouldn't have been so great if it weren't for good friends and family to helped throughout the week! It's been 2 weeks since we moved in and it finally feels like home! The last thing to do is decorate and hang pictures/artwork but everything else inside is almost complete! My mom and Chris did tons of painting in both family rooms, the guestroom, hallways, and our offices. Thanks Mom =). Chris' mom was here for the past week and they got alot of yard work done too and it looks great! We're ready to plant stuff this fall now!

Willie is loving his new big backyard where he can run and bark as he wishes...although I have to tell about his injury from the new backyard. He is very intrigued by the shed in the back which has the mower, etc and loves to sniff and bark at it. The other night we'd let him out and he ran behind it and (i was inside) all of a sudden heard him yelping/crying. I ran outside to see what was going on and he was silent and wouldn't come out from behind the shed. I thought some animal had gotten him or something! When he finally came out his left eye was full of blood. Scared me to death! Anyways, once I got it cleaned a little we saw he had cut his eyelid. Chris immediately knew it was from an old wire back there that he hadn't gotten to clearing out yet. We called the vet who said a stitch was probably not needed and to just clean and watch it. When I finally cleaned it well I saw he had torn completely thru his eyelid a few millimeters and he had a piece of tissue hanging in his eye. We got him an appt with the vet the next day to make sure a stitch wasn't needed since the cut was deep but he just got home antibiotics and eye ointment to use for the next week. I'm just glad he's okay and didn't puncture his eye! Poor Will!

No comments: