Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Majorly overdue for an update!

It has been awhile since I've posted a real update (christmas pics don't count!)...we've had a busy past few months and I've felt at times I'm treading water just to keep my head above water! We had a great Thanksgiving with the Schmid family, and keeping with tradition, I ran the Autumnfest 8K Thanksgiving morning. That way I can eat what I want at dinner that night! Mom wasn't able to run with me as she was on call so I ran by myself and it was freezing! But it was a good run and was a nice way to start my day....thankful that I can run! =) We got to finally meet Laura's boyfriend and what better way to meet someone than meeting their whole family! Luckily we didn't scare Derek off! And he passed the Schmid family test of balancing a spoon on your nose...apparently I never made Chris do this and found out he can't! Should have been a sign....just kidding! =) Here's a pic of us with our spoons...

December was a hectic month as the week and a half before Christmas Chris and I had a party every single night all the way up to Christmas! I love parties and entertaining, but there is something to be said for a quite, relaxing night at home with the hubby which we finally got to have this past Sunday (January!!). We hosted a party for the young adult group at church and then had other parties/dinners as well so we were quite busy! The day after Christmas we went to KY where Chris flew to Oklahoma. I joined him later that week as I couldn't take that much time off! He had a good time visiting his family and friends, and so did I. I had to run every morning I was out there, in the snow/ice/wind. Luckily I didn't fall and kill myself...dodging black ice is not the easiest! We drove to Norman and I wanted to see my old house...the XO house! Pretty as ever in the snow!!Here's some pics from Christmas morning...we had a relaxing morning at home and then went to my parents around 11 for brunch and then christmas! I made my yummy homemade cinnamon rolls which grew to the size of cinnabons!


No comments: