Last Saturday here in K-town we'd had our own snow the day before so the roads were not great...I had to very carefully leave our neighborhood down a very steep hill (in chris' car) to even meet mom to run. Usually we start at 7 or 7:30 but we waited until 9:30 for the sun to come up and maybe thaw it out a bit...the high was 15 with a good windchill too! I had to dress in layers, and by layers I mean...3/4 length tights under my long tights, hiking liner socks, hiking socks, sports bra, tank, long-sleeve shirt, and then my NikeFit brushed fleece top (that usually i get hot in!), 2 pairs of gloves, a scarf, and ear-warmers! That's alot of clothes! Mom and I just did the blvd and looped some to make it 8 miles. This morning's run wasn't too bad weather-wise, it was actually a balmy 31 at 7 when we started! We ran 10 and did the big hill up Noelton in preparation for the Calhoun's 10-miler we are running next Saturday...there is a huge hill at about mile 9.25 that is super steep. And at the top is a cemetary and you literally feel like you want to lay down when you get to the top! It's a fun race though so I'm excited to run it!
Our big race for the spring will be the Kentucky Derby Mini (1/2) Marathon in April. I've done this race a few times before and it's a good course! But what i'm most excited about this one is that my cousins are running too!! Yay! It will be a family-event as Mom and Dad are running too! Now if I could only get Chris....haha right! =) I'd love to run a full marathon soon but honestly don't think my poor little knee could handle it...3 surgeries and 13 miles is about all it can handle! Frustrating....but I am so thankful I can even still run on it! Happy running! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment