Monday, March 12, 2012

On the road again...

On the road again...running that is! Last Saturday, after my 4-week followup with Dr Yang when I was cleared to resume all pre-pregnancy activities, I met our Saturday morning running group to give it a try! That previous Thursday and Friday I had done my 45 minute runs on the elliptical to get my heart rate up and work up a sweat, but I knew to take it easy my first run back. I only ran 3 miles and then went to body pump at the gym. It felt good to run but a little weird too...running without a baby in my belly was nice!

This past week I've been at the gym every morning running on the elliptical and did my own pump since it's hard to make it to 6AM class! Saturday morning I ran 6 miles with Mom and Debbie and it felt soooo good! My body wasn't tired, nothing hurt, and I had energy! I could have kept on running but decided to be smart and not over-do it! My plan is to increase each week by 1 mile until I'm back to 10 or so! I am so glad I'm able to get back to running and enjoy being on the road again =)

No comments: