
Can't believe this was three weeks ago!
~ sleep whenever you can! Pre-Brooke, I was not the person who napped or could fall back asleep once waking up in the morning. Boy has that changed! I guess it's just the three weeks of continual interrupted sleep that have let me develop this new talent! I can easily fall back asleep after our mid-night nursing times or even go back to sleep around 7-ish to get another hour of sleep!
~eat and shower when you can! It's a good day if I've eaten breakfast and showered by noon, eaten lunch by 2 and gotten at least one thing on my mental to-do list completed! It's crazy where my time goes, I'm not really sure I can tell you where that is, other than to Brooke!
~listen to your body! Dr Yang had told me at two weeks post-delivery I could start walking again and hopefully at four weeks back to running. So, last week I walked the block thursday (felt great), walked 2 miles on the blvd with mom Friday (felt great and we did this pretty slow!), and walked 30 mins on the treadmill Saturday morning at the gym. It felt great to be back at the gym, but it was apparent by that evening that I had overdone it. I didn't walk super fast on the treadmill, but at a decent pace and incline to get my heart rate up and work up a little sweat. Ended up having a little scare Saturday night and I haven't done any more walking since then. The weather is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow so I think I'll walk the block, slowly. Even though I feel great and mentally am ready to get back out there, my insides are still healing from delivery! Being patient is hard for me when it comes to exercise, but I'm listening to my body not my mind!
~acceptance of not being on a schedule. As much as I am trying to keep B and I on a nursing schedule, sometimes she is hungry before then or sleeps a little longer. We stay pretty close to schedule but I still feel like my day has no real structure. That is super hard for me, the OCD/organized person. I'm learning to just go with the flow and do things on this new "schedule", but I sure do miss my organized days!
~being grateful for help, visitors, and my hubby! My days are long and my only conversations involve Brooke or Willie, so I value adult interaction and conversation! =) Even just a change in scenery and going to my parent's for a bit helps...we've only done this once but it was nice to sit on someone else's couch and nurse/hang out!
I'm sure there's much more I've learned already, but those are what stick out to me the most!

1 comment:
Congratulations, Rachel! She is adorable! Enjoy this incredible time with Brooke....it's truly priceless!
Post a Comment