We just got back from a great week at Pawley's Island and I was so excited to get to take Brooke this year! I have been going to PI every summer of my entire life and so it's only fitting that B begins this tradition as well! She did great on the car rides both there and home and only got fussy right near the ends as she was ready to get out of the car (as were her mommy and daddy....traffic was not too fun!) It took a few nights for her to adjust to the new crib and room that we were in, and I'm sure it didn't help that the three of us shared a room! The first three nights she ended up in bed with us...I wasn't in the mood to deal with her crying all night and she slept like a log curled up in my arms! Of course this is not a habit I want to continue, but it was sweet ;) She finally adjusted to her new crib and slept thru the night the last night!
She absolutely loved the ocean and water, which was great news for me! I had hoped she would love the beach as much as I do! She squealed with laughter when the waves hit her legs for the first time and had the biggest smile! We got her a little pool for under the umbrella and she got to swim at least once a day! And, of course, she got to "play" in the ocean and sand too! She loved having her feet in the wet sand and even tried to eat sand too!
This year was fun with her, but I cannot wait for our years ahead as she will be big enough to run around and play in the waves and build sandcastles, etc!
Coeur Grenadine/One Title (French Edition)
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment