Saturday, January 24, 2009

And the doc says...

Well it seems like the current journey I will soon be beginning, again, is that of yet another knee surgery and rehab! My left knee has never been the same since my first surgery back in 2001, and recently it has become so unstable that I've fallen, with no warning. It simply gives out. After a visit to ortho and a MRI, I am having (just) an arthroscope to remove any scar tissue, adhesions, and if there's any little cartilage. This will also allow the doc to "play" around with my knee cap more and test it, since I will be knocked out I won't feel the pain or discomfort. While I am by no means looking forward to this surgery, I hold onto the hope that this will alleviate some of my plaguing problems and allow my knee to rehabiliate more completely. I am bummed about it, especially the fact that I'll be out of running for a bit as well as my daily morning trips to the gym. I do plan to still lift weights, so I can make use of my monthly membership dues at the gym! I feel that this is the best time to have this surgery as I have not yet found the right PNP job. This way I have the time to let myself heal and rehabilitate without the stress of a new job! Hopefully by March I'll be back to normal (whatever that is!) and life can continue! I know God has this all planned for me, and I'm continuing to trust His will and timing! Chris will be here to help when I need it, but I'm sure he'll miss my homecooked meals for awhile! And, having to sleep on the sleeper-sofa since I don't want any bed partners for a while!! The surgery is Weds, Feb. 4th so say a little prayer that day for me, the doc, staff, and my recovery!

No comments: