Friday, January 30, 2009

My new title is...

Well, it's official! I am now Rachel Taylor, C.P.N.P.!! I passed my nurse practitioner boards today and boy does it feel GREAT!! Such a relief has been lifted off of my shoulders, and I actually don't have to study anymore! Like, ever again that much!!! Such a wonderful feeling! And, Chris is excited because he won't be banished from a room where I'm studying and he doesn't have to be quiet =). He's been such a good sport through all my studying! The test was allotted 3 hours (175 questions) and I finished in 1 hour and 20 minutes! I am not a speedy test taker, but some of the questions were super easy and obvious! While I am extremely grateful that the results are available after completing the test, the following shows how spoiled we are in today's world of instant scoring, etc. After finishing and submitting the test, I had to complete a survey before viewing my results. So I've got in earplugs and I can literally hear my heart pounding! After I did the survey, the screen says thanks for taking the test, and your results will print. Well, the place I took it at is a H&R Block office, so they're busy with tax season. So I had to wait about 10 minutes before someone could get my printed results. I thought I was going to die!! However, I survived!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers, well-wishes, and brain power sent my way! I truly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Allison and Ben Brandt said...

You're lucky to get your results so fast! I will have to wait 3 months!! Ridiculous since it's a scantron!