Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a week!

This past week was my first week of "no school" and I hoped things would settle down and I would be able to begin studying for boards, which are looming over my head! However, that was not the case...

Monday Chris started back to school after his two-week vacation. He seems pretty excited about his new classes and students, and is working hard on the fundraiser he is sponsoring thru his Key Club. He working on getting a Sadie Hawkins dance approved....I wonder if I am allowed to "invite" him to go with me?! Tuesday was his first day with his new students and he is pretty pleased so far! He's teaching US History and Geography (which he taught last fall) and Government. So he really only has one class to totally prepare for and he is editing lessons from last fall for the other classes. We've had some pretty crazy weather here this week, and Wednesday his county was closed due to flooding! This would have been wonderful news for Chris, if we had had power that day! A huge tree fell at the bottom of our hill and we lost power for around 12 hours! And, as Chris spends his free time watching movies/playing xbox or wii/playing computer games, what was he to do without power?! Well, he decided to watch movies all day on our portable DVD player, and when the battery died, he moved to the car and used the car charger to continue his movie marathon!! Such a nerd!!

Here is Willie in his raincoat...love it! But he actually will walk in the rain now and with as much rain as we have had, he needs it!! =)
I had a busy week as well...I had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon regarding my knee. Long story, but it has become increasingly unstable these past few months and it has given out on me a few times. Usually I am near someone/thing and can grab on. But last month I fell all the way down our stairs after it gave out--I call it a sniper attack because I had no warning signs! It was not fun, I twisted my ankle and it scared me to death. So I called Cameron Sears (who did my 2 previous knee surgeries) and he said to come back into them to have it re-evaluated. After much manipulation, my new doc said he thinks there is cartilage in the knee joint and that can be causing the instability, popping, grinding, and give-outs. I've got a MRI this coming Monday and if that is what it shows, I will most likely be having arthroscopy to clean out the knee and get rid of scar tissue. So not what I want to do, but if it needs to be done then I need to do it!

We had some friends and family over on Thursday for the big OU/FL national championship game. Obviously, the game didn't end as we would have liked, but it was fun to visit with everyone! I made some yummy foods and sugar cookies and the food was gone pretty quick! Guess I didn't make enough, or plan on Chris eating half of one of the dishes!!! =)

I had another interview yesterday, this time in Sevierville, TN. (Close to the mtns). I really liked the doctor, the job/work I would be doing (including rounding on newborns at the hospital, and learning to resuscitate newborns, and seeing pts. in the office). The pay and benefits are great, the only downside is the long drive. It took me 45 mins to get there, and I really need to decide if that much driving, everyday, 5 days a week is something I can handle. Otherwise, I think I would take this job in a heartbeat. I am still trusting and praying that God will place me where I need to be...this potential job seems a little fuzzy as to whether it is right or not! I've got a little time to think about it and get back with the doc in a few weeks...so time will tell!!

1 comment:

cyclegirlcanada said...

I love the picture of Willie! I am home for lunch and I just happened to check the blog! I am glad I did.
How did you get your slide show to post your pictures? I tried, but I could not figure out how.
Beccah