Friday, March 13, 2009

Operation Job: Complete!

I am so happy to announce that I have accepted a PNP position with Pediatric Consultants, a group based here in Knoxville. I did my last semester of clinicals with Dr. Harrison who works for this group and loved it! I am going to be split between their North office (off Merchants Dr.) and their Halls office and will be working with the same group of 4 doctors (2 men, 2 women) and another PNP. I could not be more excited to start this new phase in my life as I am no longer a student but an actual practitioner! I am a little nervous about starting, it seems so long since I finsihed up clinicals in December but feel sure I will quickly revert back to that way of thinking!! I took my lab coats to get monogrammed this week and will orient next Tuesday and start seeing patients on Wednesday! God has blessed me with this job and I am continually grateful for him to fulfilling this need and prayer request(s)!!! This job offer initially was to start out as part-time and be full-time by August. I really struggled with whether I should take this job (I didn't really want to start part-time) or take the offer in Sevierville which was full-time but 45+ minutes away! What was going to be my decision point was if PC could offer me 32 hrs/week to start I would take it and if not, I'd take Sevierville. Well, I heard back from PC and the most they thought I could start at was 20 hrs/week. When I was talking to their manager on the phone with her offer, I felt this great sense of joy and peace rush through my body...God was telling me this was the job for me regardless of the hours they were able to start me at! After a quick discussion with Chris, I called them back and accepted it the next day. A few days later they called with my schedule, and guess how many hours I am starting with....32!!!! God is so good and has shown me again that if I trust in Him and follow His will, He will provide!!!!! I will oreint next Tuesday and then start seeing patients next Wednesday!!! I am super excited and very much looking forward to this, although a little nervous to start! I cannot wait to see what else God teaches and shows me in this new journey!

2 comments:

Me said...

CONGRATS!! I know you must be so relieved! We are excited for you!!

cyclegirlcanada said...

Amazing how God works in calming ways if we just relax, breathe and listen! I am excited to read about your first days on the job and how it went this week! Glad you are in Knoxville and you are at peace with your decision.