Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crazy flowers!

It's no secret that I love to garden and plant new and different flowers, shrubs, etc in our yard. Luckily, this is something both Chris and I enjoy and it's one of the few interests we actually share! My other love is photography...for as long as I can remember I've had a camera and constantly (too much per Chris) am taking pictures!! Even when I was very young, my Gran gave me a camera (which she thought was just a play camera!) but actually turned out to be a real one! Often near dusk Willie and I will walk the yard because I love to look and see how things are growing, changing, and blooming! I know, I'm a nerd, but I love to see it all and appreciate all the work we've put into the yard. With that being said, within one week I saw not one but two beautiful sights in the yard! It is so refreshing to see God's handiwork right within my reach out the back door!It's this amazing...a rose in the shape of a heart!!! It was even more beautiful in person =). My other "find" of the week was in my front window box, when I was weeding it from all the millions of helicopters/seedlings that had landed and taken root! If you look closely, you can see that this is not just one gerber daisy, but a pair of siamese gerbers! Two stems, conjoined, with two flowers at the top but connected the entire way down!! I bet that doesn't happen very often in nature!

No comments: