Monday, August 1, 2011

The Taylor Trio

So by now most everyone knows that our little family of two is expanding to three come end of January! Since it is public knowledge, I can finally blog about it and attempt to do weekly updates. (if not for anyone else but us to read back on later!) I've neglected the blog this summer so far because while we've been to the beach and had a great week, not much else has gone on other than our big news!

The clomid worked on the first (real) month that I took it and I was lucky to not have any real side effects from the medicine either! We found out we were pregnant 5.21.11, a Saturday morning at 6:45 am before I was off for my weekly early saturday morning run with our running group! I'm not sure what prompted me to take a test, other than I was supposed to start my cycle that day and had been annoyed that I had been spotting all week. I was totally not expecting to see the faint pink line on the positive spot when I went back to check it before heading out the door! Of course, I knew I couldn't go run and not tell Chris, so I told him by waking him up to tell him that I had taken a test and it was positive! In his groggy state, he smiled and said he was very happy and gave me a kiss...I'm guessing he went back to sleep when I left but I'm not sure! =) I was proud of myself for not saying a word to my mom that morning (or anyone for that matter) for almost another month! It was fun to keep it our little secret for a bit!

We told my parents on my dad's birthday, 6.16 in which we surprised them with his birthday "present." I had bought a Jimmy Buffett onesie that said "Not too particular, not too precise. Just a cute baby in paradise" and told dad as he was opening the gift that this wasn't really for this summer but the next as we do our annual JB beach night at Pawley's every summer. I thought that the baby could wear this! Of course, they were both excited and we got the whole thing on video! We waited until then to tell them because we had just been to the doctor that tuesday for the first appt. We also told laura that night (she wasn't able to make it to dad's birthday dessert celebration) and we told extended family over that weekend. We skyped Chris' parents that Thursday as well to tell them!


Our first appointment went great and I was surprised when we got to hear the heartbeat...I wasn't expecting it at that visit! HR was in the 140's and all was great! Our due date is officially January 28th. We did have to go back the next week due to some abnormal lab work that came back on me and after waiting what felt like forever to get our ultrasound done, we were able to confirm that the pregnancy was still viable and that there was nothing to worry about. (possibly a lab error...?). Oh well, who cares now. All that mattered that day was Baby Taylor, "BT" was perfect, growing right on schedule and HR was 176. Yay!! Our last appointment was at 11w, 5d and all still looks great, HR was still in the 170s. I am starting to feel better just still really really tired. I am napping every day at lunch but the nausea and sensitivity to smells is almost gone, knock on wood!!

We go back August 17th to determine the gender of BT (hopefully!) Can't wait!

On a funny note, BT was most likely conceived the night of prom (we chapperoned!)...wonder how many other students will be due when we are!!

1 comment:

Allison and Ben Brandt said...

haha. I hope a lot of other prom students are not due along with you. boo for teen pregnancy!