Sunday, August 21, 2011

Belly business: 17 weeks

How far along: 17 weeks
The size of BT: Well, the email this week compared the size based more on weight than actual size. Weight is about 5 oz which is about the weight of a turnip. (?!?) Elsewhere I found it says size is that of an onion!
Cravings: Rotel sounded really good so we made it with dinner last night at the lake...hit the spot! Yum!
Symptoms: This past week I had a few days of dizziness/syncope and also super bad stomach pain...hoping both of those disappear soon! I haven't been as tired either!
Maternity wear: Nada
Shake that booty(movement): Nothing felt yet, but at our ob appt this past week she said to expect something between weeks 18-20!
Boy or girl?: GIRL!!!!! Brooke Elizabeth Taylor to be exact! =)
So yes, our big news this week was BT is a girl!!! We had our appt with Dr. Yang last Wednesday and the ultrasound showed it's a girl! My reaction was "oh yay" but I'm afraid I didn't sound super excited to the tech! We of course are very very excited but honestly couldn't have cared one way or the other which gender we got. All I cared about was hearing my baby's heartbeat and making sure it was growing as it should! We didn't have the best ultrasound (I'm not a fan of the tech that did this one) and she only flipped to 4D for about .5 seconds...oh well. Our 20 week ultrasound is mid-september and that one will be the long one so we're sure to get some good shots of her then. Mom actually gets to come for this one, Chris has to work because I had to schedule it on my morning off because it takes longer than most appointments!

We "told" my KY family Friday night at the lake and the rest of family/friends over the past few days too. And I have to say my cookie cake was really yummy...it was all gone by lunch Saturday! =) This afternoon I ran to Babies R Us to get something for baby Landon and I didn't really pay attention at first, but soon realized that all clearance was on sale for $5, regardless of the price marked. I officially bought our first thing for Brooke...a swimsuit and hat for next summer! My baby is going to be a waterbaby! Then I found some other cute summer things for next year, all for $5! It is so fun to buy pink...I'm afraid this could get dangerous very quickly!! =)

1 comment:

Erica M. said...

Super happy for you guys! Brooke already has an excellent wardrobe :)
-Erica