Sunday, September 11, 2011

Belly business: 20 weeks

How far along: 20 weeks!! Can't believe I am already at the halfway point...crazy!!
The size of BT: This week Brooke is about the length of a banana (10 inches!) and weighs close to 11 oz...no wonder why I am (finally) starting to have a little bump!
Cravings: I know I'm boring, but still no crazy (or really any) cravings! A burger sounds good, but that's probably just my body telling me it (she) needs the iron and protein!
Symptoms: This past week was pretty good...only one night of intense stomach/gas pains! I did nap one day this week at lunch, but it was a body pump day (read 6AM class before running before work!) so I felt it was necessary!
Maternity wear: Again, had to rubberband a skirt for tailgating yesterday. My wardrobe is starting to dwindle on what I can wear...I'm afraid as the weather changes and I can't wear my skirts, most of my fall pants won't fit!
Shake that booty(movement): Friday night I finally felt Brooke move...I thought it was just gas again but it wasn't! Last night (Saturday), while in bed, I thought I felt her again so I put my hand down there and I actually felt her both internally and with my hand! I had Chris put his hand there and (eventually) he felt her too! This morning at church I felt her and looked down and could actually see my tummy move ever so slightly! It's crazy!!
Boy or girl?: GIRL... Brooke Elizabeth Taylor!! Chris' middle name is Brooks and mine is Elizabeth, so you get Brooke Elizabeth!

My most exciting thing was finally feeling her move! I'm not gonna lie, I was starting to get a little nervous about not feeling anything! (Or maybe feeling something but not being convinced it was her!) We go this Friday for our 20 week ultrasound where they do the whole big anatomy scan to check her out really good...praying that all is good with her! I've decided on nursery furniture (I think!) and need to just order it soon and be done with it...I am very good at over-thinking big purchases =) Other than that, all is well with this little Taylor family of three-Willie checked out great at his yearly vet appointment and we also go this Friday for Chris' ortho appointment to decide if surgery is the next best option for his continual knee pain and patellar plica. If surgery has to be done, at least it will be done before Miss Brooke makes her arrival!

No comments: