Just thought I'd give a quick update on my knee/recovery. Not sure why I chose to name this post that, but I'm bored and in an odd mood! Anywho, I started PT on Monday and did surprisingly little while I was there...I'm not completely convinced that this guy knows his stuff. I know that is harsh of me to say, but with my knowledge and education... Anyways they only want me 2x/week to start and told me to just do my exercises at home. I'm not allowed to ride the bike yet, but as of yesterday I've started going back to the gym and riding the bike one-legged!! I know I'm a sight to see, but I've got to get my cardio fix! =) Hopefully in 2 weeks I can be back on the eliptical and actually running in 3! And I've focused on doing my arm and ab weights, so perhaps I'll be ripped pretty soon! Haha! I'm looking forward to a beach trip with mom and laura at the end of february--we are heading down to ft. lauderdale for a week! Anyways, I'm down to one/no crutch and am getting around fairly well. Laura and I went to Target yesterday and she wanted me to get in the motorized cart, but I declined! I'm not that disabled!! Still have my stitches in but I think I'll be taking them out soon! PT said to wait till my f/u appt. with Dr. Mathien, but that is not until next Weds. and no one keeps stitches in for 14 days! (Again, questioning the knowledge of the PT guy!) I am dying to go running again, and the Knox half marathon is in 7 weeks! I still have hope and am very determined, even if I have to run/walk it!
Still no progress on finding a job...kind of put that on hold for a bit. However, I have sent my resume/info to the children's hospitals in louisville, ky and cincinatti. I feel that knoxville, in the medical sense, is far behind in their utilization of nurse practitioners, especially pediatrics. So I've put some feelers out there just to see...opportunities in bigger cities are very appealing! I specifically applyed for a diabetes position as well as surgery, pre-post op, and a few others. I've already received a call from Cincinatti but seem to be playing phone tag with them! Figures! So I'll keep everyone updated on what happens with the job...I don't know if we even want to consider thinking about moving away from Knoxvegas!
Coeur Grenadine/One Title (French Edition)
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment