Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Belly business: 25 weeks

How far along: 25 weeks! It seems like since 20 weeks, time is starting to go quickly!
The size of BT: The weekly email says she should weigh about 1.5 pounds, or the weight of an average rutabega. Can't say i've even seen or held one of those things, but that what she's the weight of! In developmental news, she's starting to add fat to her body and grow more hair. If she's anything like her momma was, she'll have a nice full, thick head of hair! We'll have to wait and see though!
Cravings: Nothing really...although I'm planning burgers on our menu for next week! I think my body is telling me it needs extra protein right now!
Symptoms: My right hip has been hurting pretty bad during and after running on Saturdays, even though I've limited my mileage to just 6 miles. The occasional lower back pain has started up as well as round ligament pain in my lower abdominal area...which just means things are starting to stretch out (including my belly bump!)
Maternity wear: So I bought the maternity jeans but have yet to wear them! Still trying to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy pants a few more times! I did buy a belly band too, but haven't used it either =)
Shake that booty(movement): Alot, especially at night when I try to sleep!
Boy or girl?: GIRL... Brooke Elizabeth Taylor!! Chris' middle name is Brooks and mine is Elizabeth, so you get Brooke Elizabeth.

We go next week for our next OB appointment and a chance to see Miss Brooke on ultrasound! Can't wait! In other news, Chris is recovering nicely from surgery and has started therapy. He's down to one crutch and is feeling better, yay!

Here's a belly pic and a few from my "photo shoot" this weekend with my new camera I finally got! I made a bracelet with Brooke's name on it to wear once she's born, so I used that as a prop with my cross from Laura and willow figurine from Mom! I now realize that you can't see my belly much between the light background and my sweater, but it's there for sure!

1 comment:

Lauren Bice said...

Rachel- Your little belly bump is adorable!!! Get ready, these final weeks will fly by!!