The size of BT: Brooke should be weighing close to 3 pounds this week (or a head of cabbage!) and a little over 15 inches long. The amniotic fluid around her also continues to increase but soon won't be able to because she will be taking up most of the space!
Cravings: A Chick-fil-a peppermint milkshake has been sounding good, but we haven't made it for one yet! I'm surprised I haven't had any crazy cravings during this time, but maybe I just won't! I have learned that sweet candy like skittles and candy corn (two of my all-time favs) make me sick at my stomach though!
Symptoms: Third trimester fatigue has definitely set in...I feel like each day a little more of my energy is gone. My BH contractions slowed down this week, which was nice! I'm learning to listen to my body and it will tell me what I should and should not be doing!!
Maternity wear: Same as before...no maternity tops but all pants are either my scrub pants or maternity pants for work! I can still wear non-preg dresses that are stretchy, but probably not for much longer...!
Shake that booty(movement): Still quite the mover and shaker!
I had my 30 week check-up Friday and it was a quick and easy visit...just to check my weight, BP and hear her heart rate (137). Nothing fun or exciting at this visit, and I was a little disappointed! I did have my list of questions (as usual) so at least got those answered. My big decision/thing to think about is my thoughts/plans for natural vs. epidural. I'm still out on it simply because I know the risks of epidurals but by no means have ruled it out either! We also started child-birth classes at the hospital this week and the first one was okay. Not bad, just not great. I thought it was more of labor coaching, relaxaton, etc but this first week was like a lecture on the stages of labor, etc with a video at the end. Hoping next week is more applicable stuff to the real thing!!!
And, we finally got the crib built! Hallelujah! This last piece was inspected by quality control before it was shipped so we got to build it Wednesday! Chris was great and did most of the "labor" because I can't get so low and bend over as easily! Even little Willie was right there in all the action! He's excited for B's arrival too!
I had a shower today (Sunday) from some of my best friends and it was so fun and nice! (and i didn't have to plan/cook any food which made it even better!) All I can say is Miss Brooke will be one well-dressed chica! We got her bouncer too...yay! Plus alot of other great things, but it was fun to get one of our bigger items! (Thanks Allison and Connie!) We're off to KY this weekend for a family shower on Sunday--can't wait to see all of my KY family and also get some maternity pics taken by my super-talented cousin Megan! Yay!
Here's a belly pic and few from this week's shower and all her goodies =)



1 comment:
so sad I missed it! See you at Christmas!
Post a Comment