Thursday, December 1, 2011

Belly business: 31 weeks

How far along: 31 weeks and counting!
The size of BT: This week Brooke should be about 16 inches long, although I'm not so sure on that given how short her mommy and daddy are! Weight should be about 3.3 pounds, or the equivalent of carrying 4 navel oranges. Over the next weeks her weight should continue to add on and make her nice and healthy for delivery!
Cravings: With this past week being Thanksgiving, I've been thinking alot about the corn pudding we make every year. Not sure if its a pregnancy craving or just a Thanksgiving craving! Either way I was excited to eat it!
Symptoms: My right hip/groin area is still swollen and I've got a pretty big vein popping out in my groin. Lovely! Still tired but I expect that from here on out! I've also started having a few mornings of really early awakening (as in 4-5 AM) and being unable to fall back asleep. Very frustrating because of course it happens on days I don't have to be up as early! I'm still resting well at night however, just propped up with pillows on each side of me !
Maternity wear: Still fit into my pre-preg dresses with leggings so that's the look I've been going for at church and work! I think I can hold out and not buy anything else that's truly maternity! I do need to start looking for a few nursing gowns however...
Shake that booty(movement): Oh my does this baby move! I thought she'd be running out of room by now but she hasn't yet! She is all over the place and my tummy makes some weird shapes!

With this past week being Thanksgiving, we were able to head up to Louisville to hang out with the KY family and take maternity pics on Saturday and have a baby shower on Sunday. It was a quick up and back trip but well worth it...so far I've only seen one pic from our photo shoot but Megan did a great job and we had so much fun! The shower was fun too--just to see everyone and catch up!

We are continuing our childbirth classes at the hospital and only have one more left...yay! This week focused some on pain management, etc and really made me realize I need to figure out what my goals are for labor/birth! And, I need to start at least organizing my hospital bag and getting whatever I need to take with me when the time comes! Hopefully it won't be for a bit but I need to at least think about what I need to get!

I'm still doing my daily workouts at the gym on the elliptical but have completely given up road running. I'm finding it's harder to get up in the am and I have less energy sometimes on the elliptical but I have no problem just being slower!

Here's my weekly belly shot and a few pics from KY...the boys had to play a game where they diapered and dressed a doll then had to un-do it...it was Chris' first time "diapering" a baby and it was pretty entertaining! =)

No comments: