Sunday, December 25, 2011

Belly business: 35 weeks

How far along: 35 weeks
The size of BT: She should be over 18 inches long and weigh between 5 1/4-1/2 pounds, or about the weight of a honeydew melon. We know that Brooke was 5 lbs over a week ago so she's right on her way! These last few weeks are just gaining her weight! Everything else should be ready to go!
Cravings: Not much, and honestly it's hard for me to eat much in one sitting because I am running out of room!
Symptoms: Heartburn has set back in along with occasional ankle swelling and some lower back pain. And being super tired, but that is nothing new!
Maternity wear: Same as before...
Shake that booty(movement): I have found that B is very active in the later afternoon/night time but also in the morning if I am sitting down. She is very forceful in her movements and this week was under my right rib and also dancing on my bladder at the same time!

So this weekend is Christmas and my wonderful hubby got me a prenatal massage at Natural Alternatives. I cannot wait to use it! Chris tries his best to massage my back/hips at home when they help and he does a good job (he's learning!) but he thought this would be even better for me--what a sweet surprise! I still have not packed my hospital bag yet but we did unpack the carrier from the box and plan to install the bases sometime this week. Also on our to-do list is to build the swing! I still need to decide on shelving/bookcase for the nursery but other than that it's ready too! I can't believe in 5 weeks or so we will have our little one!!
Ok, so I wrote this post in the early afternoon, but by night we were at my parents for Christmas and dinner/games. I had been having the occasional BH contractions but around 6 or so they started in increase in frequency. My OB had said if I have more than 4 in an hour, to call in. Well, I was having more like 3 within 10 minute periods, if not more. They still were only lasting less than 20 seconds but I was not comfortable with as many as I was having. I laid down, drank plenty of water (like I always do) but nothing seemed to help. After dinner, Dad told me I needed to call the OB on call and at that point I started to get a little scared. Luckily, Dr Yang was on call and she called me back and after I described them to her, she told me they did not sound like labor contractions (which I didn't think they were) and to drink more water and take a hot bath. So while the rest of the Schmid family was downstairs playing mexican dominoes, I was up in the jacuzzi tub trying to relax. Luckily, the warm bath really helped as they immediately slowed down. I was actually able to stand up after my bath and not contract, which was a nice change. Not sure what set them off since I was pretty lazy all day with Christmas stuff, but it was not a fun night! Chris told me he thought it was God giving me a little kick in the butt to start getting ready for B's arrival...so today (Monday) I packed our bags and we are going to install the car seat this week! I pray she stays put for 5 more weeks!!

Enjoy some Christmas pics!

No comments: