Sunday, December 18, 2011

Belly business: 34 weeks

How far along: 34 weeks! 6 to go!
The size of BT: Well, I don't have to rely on the weekly email to tell us how big Brooke is getting because we had our ultrasound this past Friday. And she weighs...drumroll please....5 pounds! Holy cow! When Dr. Yang said at my last visit she thought Brooke would be on the smaller side, I wasn't expecting to hear that she's already measuring at 5 pounds! If I deliver close to my due date and she gains the half a pound per week that usually occurs, we're looking at somewhere close to 8 pounds! I was 7 lbs, 11.5 oz and typically babies are close to their mother's birthweight, so I guess we are right on track! She also scored an 8 out of 8 on her biophysical profile, which is perfect! Just means she is growing just as she should and all measurements are right!
Cravings: Anything peppermint, but I think that's just the season because I am like this every holiday season!
Symptoms: Other than the usual tiredness, nothing new. Still some lower back pain (which Chris has gotten to practice his massage techniques!) and waking up super early every morning and not being able to go back to sleep.
Maternity wear: Same as before, not buying anything else! I have bought a few nursing bras and "sleeping bras" so we'll see how those work out!
Shake that booty(movement): Love to see my tummy "roll" and she is moving from one side to the other...it's like a wave!

Also at our ultrasound, we got to see her practice swallowing and breathing! Very fun and cool to see! Her little tongue kept on going in and out of her mouth! Too cute! We were still not able to get a good view of her face because she is so low in my pelvis and there was not alot of amniotic fluid around her face, making it hard to get a good view. My fluid levels are at a 10 which is good, I was worried they would be low for some reason! Her weight is in the 42%-ile and her head is at the 60%-ile. At least her head isn't any bigger...Chris had a big head as a baby and kid so I pray she doesn't take after her daddy on that trait! We are on to weekly visits to Dr. Yang until she bumps us to bi-weekly near the end!

No comments: