Sunday, January 22, 2012

Belly Business: 39 weeks

So I decided this week not to have the same format as all my other posts because honestly most of them haven't changed much, except that we are now 39 weeks! I slept really good last weekend and last night (Saturday) I slept a total of 11 hours. It has been forever since I have slept that long, even though this was interrupted by pee breaks and my night sweats! I went back to the doctor this past Friday and I was almost dilated to 4 cms and 65% effaced which means we are moving in the right direction! They hooked me up to the monitor for about 10 minutes just to monitor her heart rate and check for any contractions; heart rate was great and it did show I was having some contractions. However, I could barely feel these and they are not painful. But again, a good sign that my body is warming up for the big event! She said she thought we would have the baby either this weekend or early next week...well so far it's sunday around noon and no baby! I definitely had a good amount of contractions friday night that we pretty consistent and lasting 1+ minute, just nothing too strong. Once I went to bed, they calmed down as well. Same for the rest of this weekend...just a lot of warm-ups as I call them! They don't hurt but definitely are something going on and gradually getting a little more stronger. Brooke is still very active in my belly and I swear the other night she was going to pop her foot or butt out of my stomach...so not comfortable!

I finally had my "nesting episodes" this week, although I think Chris has nested more than me! He has gotten the new shed loaded and organized, landscaped around it, and even steam cleaned all the carpets! Tuesday night, I made some yummy soup and froze a lot of it for later, and even ironed the big stack that has been waiting since November. We also got the video monitor installed in the nursery and got a few other projects around the house done!

I know many family and friends are anxiously awaiting her big arrival, but no one more than Chris and myself! I've learned these past few weeks not to worry about when she is coming, because no one knows that other than God himself and there is nothing I/we can do to hurry up the process other than be patient and wait. God is good!


Here's my belly shot from this week...hopefully this will be the last one pre-hospital!

No comments: