I never thought I would be writing a post for 40 weeks considering how "well" I've been doing the past few weeks as far as dilating, effacing, etc. However, Brooke has a mind of her own and is obviously very content where she is! I, however, am not! I now know why so many women are either induced or sectioned before 40 weeks...because it is miserable!! This past week has been not so fun! I've had increased heart burn, continued swelling in my feet after work, multiple night sweats and pee breaks during the nights, and general uncomfortableness. Tuesday night we thought was going to be the start of things as after I got home from work started having decent contractions about 10 mins apart and then I thought my water had started to leak. I called my OB and she said head on over to the hospital to get triaged and see what was going on. Of course, soon after we get there the contractions slowed way down and we were told it was not my water that broke. After an hour of being on the monitor, we were sent home. That night my contractions started back up along with my painful sciatica. And I got a nosebleed...all at the same time. I'm standing in the bathroom with a contraction, sciatica and nosebleed and poor Chris didn't know what he could do to help. I was so miserable! I've definitely had nasal congestion this week and you can see it in my face/under my eyes. So not attractive! I have still worked this entire week as well as continued my morning workouts/cardio just to help encourage B to come! I did go back to Dr Yang this past Thursday and I was officially dilated to 4 cm and 70% effaced with a "bulging" bag of water...so she said any time now. Well I should hope so! Today is the officially due date and I wouldn't be surprised if she was waiting for today to make her grand entrance...she is probably OCD like her momma is and is punctual, organized, and on time =)
No comments:
Post a Comment